200 hour yoga teacher training bali
Join Alicia Cheung and guest trainer, Oliver Reinsch, for the trip of a lifetime. Nestled in the Bali rainforest, this majestic location serves as a wonderful backdrop and platform for deeper transformation. Blessed with the surround sound and beauty of the rainforest, every day is an invitation to visit hot springs, waterfalls, trek through rice terraces or visit the famous temple, Pura Luhur Batukaru. In 2012, this pristine and untouched area of Bali became part of the UNESCO World Heritage site.
Each day will include practice, instruction and discussion in a peaceful yogic setting. Your day begins in silence with meditation, moving into an asana practice to build upon during the afternoon lectures and discussions. Each day will focus on a different theme or topic. The program includes days for down time and fun. Activities may include sound healing in Ubud, a snorkel trip along the famous Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan islands (weather permitting), SUP yoga, electric biking or hiking through the famous terraced rice fields, and more.
|Package Pricing Per Person||
if deposit is paid on or before Sept 30
After Sept 30
|Package Pricing Per Person||
if deposit is paid on or before July 31
After July 31
$500 deposits required to secure your spot.
Payment due in Full 60 days before the start of the training.
Due to Covid-19, do not purchase any plane tickets until YogaWorks notifies you to do so.
- Food and accommodations from November 23 (dinner) to check out (breakfast) on December 22, 2020
- Complimentary airport transport on November 23 and December 22 only, and to and from activities
- 3 vegetarian meals (add $160 for meat package)
- All group excursions during the training which may include: a trip to Ubud, sound healing, cacao ceremony, snorkeling trip to Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida, hiking through the famous terrace rice fields, SUP Yoga, trip to the famous temple, Pura Luhur Batukaru
- Closing ceremonies and blessing from a local priest
200 HOUR YOGAWORKS VINYASA FLOW YTT: FOUNDATIONAL COURSE, LEVEL 1
YogaWorks is credited by many as laying the foundation for Yoga in the United States. Respected yoga teachers including Shiva Rea, Seane Corn, Annie Carpenter, Alexandria Crow, Saul David Raye, Max Strom, Bryon Kest, Erich Schiffman, and Kathryn Budig have all trained with YogaWorks.
The dynamic and conscious practice of asana is the cornerstone of our method. It is a blend of Ashtanga, Iyengar, and the teachings of Desikachar, coupled with a unique approach to sequencing that is specifically designed to meet the needs of the average yoga student.
Students who complete the 200 hour yoga teacher training program will :
- Deepen their practice and understanding of yoga asana
- Know how to structure and create a cohesive, well-rounded class
- Acquire an understanding of yoga philosophy and how to live yoga on and off the mat
- Build relationships with highly experienced yoga teachers
- Have the confidence and tools to begin teaching yoga
- Be qualified to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level
- Have a life changing experience built on community support, authentic relating, and personal transformation
The foundational (200-hour) program is ideal for serious students and aspiring teachers. It is recognized by Yoga Alliance and comprises three areas of study: The Theory and Practice of Yoga, Yoga Philosophy and The Art of Teaching.
The Theory and Practice of Yoga
The curriculum will include a comprehensive study of the foundations, techniques, and mechanics of fundamental yoga postures with an emphasis on deepening the student’s personal practice and recognizing and honoring it as the source for inspiration and creative teaching.
- Intensive asana study
- Functional anatomy and physiology, subtle body anatomy
- Introduction to several meditation and mindfulness techniques
- Principles and practice of pranayama
- Overview of subtle body/chakra system
Over 2,000 years ago, the sage Patanjali described the process of Yoga and movement toward peace and Higher Consciousness in his treatise, “The Yoga Sutras.” Our interactive discussions take an interesting, contemporary and practical approach at examining sutras as they apply to every day life, that is, the struggles of modern life within the context of relationships. The residential format is unique in that we are given infinite opportunities to apply these philosophical underpinnings to our 30-day experience while in community. This will transform not only your asana practice but also your life practice, providing tools on how to truly engage in the world both as incredible teachers and humans. Authentic relating cultivates a more refined skillset for deeper connection.
The Art of Teaching
The art of teaching is a form of yoga in itself requiring sensitivity, compassion, and practice. A teacher must encourage and inspire, and be sensitive to both the needs of individuals and those of the group. During this course, the practical and subtle aspects involved in teaching include:
- How to teach mindfully and effectively
- Use of voice, language and cues, body language
- The art and science of sequencing
- How to shape the teachings to suit all practitioners rather than a one-shape-fits-all approach
- The purpose and use of props: when, where and why it is appropriate to use props (or not)
- Hands on adjustments-the value of different types of touch and when is it appropriate or not to add touch to group teaching
- Practice teaching and constructive feedback to leave with confidence and skills to teach
Upon completion of the program, students will receive a diploma and letter of completion that can be used to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-200 level and share with prospective employers. Completion of this program also qualifies students for admission into YogaWorks’ 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Professional Program and opens the door to career opportunities at YogaWorks and YogaWorks’ worldwide network of partner studios.