Technology and our social media-driven lives have been instrumental in the quality of our mental, emotional and physical wellbeing. The anxiety surrounding the recent global pandemic further jeopardizes our health as we wonder about our future.
While movement is indeed medicine, slowing down and addressing more Yin aspects of practice are key for overall balance and mental clarity: meditation, conscious relaxation, myofascial release, therapeutic Yin stretches, self-reflection and mindfulness practice. You will learn three main modalities that can be taught separately or in combination with greater efficacy.
When the mind is quiet, we abide in deep Awareness which is the state of Yoga.
Join Samdhana at one of Bali’s most consistent surf breaks, Balian, for our 100 Hour Therapeutic Yin, MyoFascial Release, and Yoga Nidra Teacher Training. This epic location allows you to live oceanside in total simplicity whilst diving deeper into Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra, and a variety of myofascial release techniques guaranteed to mobilize and relax the tissues, calm the mind, and soothe the nervous system. Yoga teacher or not, we desperately need these relaxation and coping mechanisms more than ever. With carefully scheduled breaks between lecture and practice, we allow you time to squeeze in surfing, sunset walks, and alone time for deeper processing. This makes for a well-rounded and life changing experience, one that fuels your teaching and allows for a well deserved reset.
- Integral and functional anatomy
- Anatomy of the breath, diaphragm-releasing techniques, pranayama
- Latest, evidence-based research on pain science, neurobiology, and fascial health
- Myofascial meridian theory (based on Tom Myers’ Anatomy Trains)
- Exploration of the 24 basic postures of yin yoga including use of props, modifications and variations
- MyoFascial Roll-n-Release techniques
- Gua sha techniques
- Theory and practice of yoga nidra
- Teaching methodology and sequencing principles
- Taoist, Buddhist, and Yogic philosophy
- Traditional Chinese Medicine theory
- Lab and Practice teaching-exploring skeletal variations and how to teach to
- Cueing and use of touch
- Meditation and mindfulness techniques
- Business of Yoga/how to effectively market your offerings
Garden Room for four (twin bed each and outside bathroom):
Early bird paid in full by June 1, 2020: US$1,950.00
After June 1, 2020: US$2,250.00Small (rice barn) single with shared bathroom (outside):
Early bird paid in full by June 1, 2020: US$2,075.00
After June 1, 2020: US$2,375.00Shared bedroom (extra large beds) and bathroom:
Early bird paid in full by June 1, 2020: US$2,090.00
After June 1, 2020: US$2,390.00Private bed/bathroom in a 2-bedroom house:
Early bird paid in full by June 1, 2020: US$2,295.00
After June 1, 2020: US$2,595.00
Once full, outside accommodations are acceptable at registration time.Price includes:
- Simple, seaside accommodations
- 3 healthy, organic meals a day
- Transport to/from airport on November 9 and 21 only