SAMDHANA YOGA : A PEACEFUL COMING TOGETHER
Samdhana is an ancient Sanskrit word with many meanings: a joining or growing together (as in healing of a wound), a means of union, making peace, a giving back, and, “that state in which a Yogi can no longer diverge from the path of spiritual progress….” (The Theosophical Society).
Samdhana Yoga is a beautiful community-based organization that thrives on a peaceful coming together to practice Ashtanga, the 8 limbs of yoga: ethics (yamas and niyamas), active and therapeutic forms of asana (Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, MyoFascial Therapy), pranayama, honest and heartfelt dharma talks, mindfulness training, meditation, laughs, love and more. Rather than subscribing to a particular yoga style we subscribe, more broadly, to a yogic lifestyle which centers around sustainability and balance within all relationships- with ourselves in the way we treat our bodies, with Nature in the way we put back into the Earth, with others in how we are best able to relate to our world around us. The “peaceful coming together and healing” that takes place speaks volumes in so far as the commitment we share in giving back upon returning home: to be a more content and mindful parent, lover, co-worker, boss, sister, brother, friend. This is how we share the gifts of yoga, by walking in love and progressively moving towards our light, knowing full well that without our darkness, there would be no light.
We invite and welcome you to become a part of this growing, humble, international family of yoga practitioners. You can study with us at our home studio in Sanur, Bali, or wherever our teaching schedule takes us-Morocco, Fiji, Hawaii, California, Romania to name a few. Our aim is to share our collective work and offerings as a way to cultivate more peace in the world and within.
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
RETREATS & WORKSHOPS
I am blessed to train people from all over the world to be humble, kind and skillful teachers. The payback is enormous and we’d like to feature one graduate a month, highlighting the difference they’re making in the world. No two stories are ever the same. Enjoy….
RETREAT & WORKSHOP CALLENDAR
- January 3 to February 1, 2017: 200 Hour YogaWorks Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training, Agadir coast, Morocco
- February 7-22, 2017: 100 Hour Yin Yoga and Myofascial Release Therapy (MFRT) Yoga Teacher Training, Agadir coast, Morocco
- February 27 to March 9, 2017: Thai Yoga Massage Retreat Workshop, Marrakesh, Morocco
- May 13-20, 2017: Thai Yoga Massage Retreat Workshop, Balian Beach, Bali
- June 3-10, 2017: Thai Yoga Massage Retreat Workshop, Balian Beach, Bali
- June 15 to July 14, 2017: 200 Hour YogaWorks Yoga Teacher Training, Leleuvia Island, Fiji
- September 1-8, 2017: “Embrace Your Life, Live Your Yoga”: Seven Day Mindful Living Retreat, Romania
- November 1- December 1, 2017: 200 Hour YogaWorks Yoga Teacher Training, Bali
PHOTO #4 By Melinda DiOrio